Guía Cereza

Foro - Foro Lesbi

NEW YORK — It’s easy to convince yourself of things tha

seestyle
Soy hombre heterosexual
Publicado hace 1 año, 8 meses
NEW YORK Its easy to convince yourself of things that you are predisposed to believe. You see something amazing, and you tell yourself that it cannot be topped Blaine Boyer Jersey . You create a legend, build narrative to fitusing the available facts, and make a memory for yourself to cherish.A couple of things have always stuck in my mind about Derek, Joe Girardi said Thursday about retiring Yankees shortstop Derek Jeter. Hes a winner. He believes that he can overcome any obstacle that is in his way. He has an extreme amount of mental and physical toughne s. And he loves what he does.MORE: || One of the most painful things about Jeters yearlong farewell has been seeing him not be a winner, not overcoming obstacles, not being able to tough his way past the fact of being a ****** year-old man in order to keep performing on the level of his younger self. Since his birthday on June 26, Jeter has hit .244/.283/.299.The whole season has been a bit off. Thursday night, as Yankee Stadiums bleacher fans were serenading Jeter for his final roll call, Nick Markakis silenced everyone by smacking a home run into the right field stands. After the Yankees fell behind ****** , Jeter ripped an RBI double to left field in his first at-bat, then came around to score on an error by Kelly Johnson, making the score, what else, ****** .But at ****** in the ninth inning, with pinch runner Antoan Richardson on second base, Jeter did what hes done so many times before, , to bring home the winning run.Your browser does not support iframes.There were a couple of times tonight I almost broke down, Jeter said. I was almost thinking to myself, Joe, get me out of here, before I do something to cost us this game. Its funny how things change, I gue s.Some things dont change, namely, Jeters raison detre, doing whatever it takes to elevate his team. Some observers might disagree with the approach he sometimes took such as Jeters not volunteering to change positions when Alex Rodriguez came to New York, nor to drop in the batting order from the vaunted No. 2 spot as he struggled this year but Jeters rationale always has been directed at one thing.Ive cared about only one thing, and thats winning thats the bottom line, Jeter said. Ive said that since Day 1, thats the only thing I care about. So, any time theres particular attention on you, it can be uncomfortable. This year, it was very much appreciated, but yeah, it can at times be uncomfortable. But I wouldnt change Billy Hamilton Jersey it. I wouldnt change anything.Some of the discomfort comes from the fact that not only has attention been squarely on Jeterrather than the team, but also that . He stre sed that he was retiring because he did not want to play anymore, not because he could not play anymore, but you also know that he knows the numbers.MORE: ||| It is not Jeters fault that this is the way it has ended for him. Thats just the way Alcides Escobar Jersey life works. Willie Mays defied age to lead the National League in on-base percentage and hit18 home runs for the ****** Giants in his age ****** season. Mays fell off the cliff the next season, hitting .184/.394/. ****** in ****** games for San Francisco before he was traded to the Mets for Charlie Williams. Mays' farewell season was ****** he hit .211/.303/. ****** with six homers in ****** games for the Mets, but got to go to the World Series, where he was 2-for-7.Cal Ripken, at 40, hit ****** home runs for the ****** Orioles, but was a negative-WAR player in his final season. Eddie Murray, Ozzie Smith, Andre Dawsonand Dave Winfield, all Hall of Famers, had below replacement-level seasons at the end of their careers. So did Wade Boggs.Boggs was on deck the first time Jeter got to show himself as a winner. It was July 7, ****** , with the Yankees down, ****** , to the Brewers. It was Jeters first career plate appearance batting with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning, and he represented the tying run, with Mariano Duncan on second base and Girardi on first.Jeter legged out an infield hit, loading the bases for Boggs, who struck out swinging to end the game.FOX SPORTS: The situation came full circle on Tuesday night, acro s the street from the old ballpark where Jeter really made his name as a winner. Brett Gardner represented the tying run at the plate against Orioles closer Zach Britton, when he legged out an infield hit to keep the game alive for Jeter, who struck out swinging to end the game.Jeter batted ****** times with two outs in the bottom of the ninth inning in the regular season. He went ****** for ****** with no home runs and ****** walks. His line: .267/.368/.347. Jeter had one such at-bat in his postseason career, striking out with two runners on against Armando Benitez in Game 1 of the ****** World Series to send that contest to extra innings.Jeter struck out against Mike Jackson in the 12th inning to end Game 2 of the ****** ALCS. There were ****** times during the regular season that fans left Yankee Stadium, old or new, with Jeter having made the final out of a Yankees lo s. Eight times in regular-season games before Thursday night, he sent them home happy five singles (including a measure of revenge against Jackson with a bases-loaded, two-run single for Michael Saunders Jersey a ****** win in ****** innings on July 23, ****** , a walk, a fielders choice, and a homer. And then there was the signature moment of his career, the Mr. November home run off Byung-Hyun Kim in the 10th inning of Game 4 of the ****** World Series.Its that home run . . .. . .and the flip play to get Jeremy Giambi out at home in the ****** ALDS . . .. . .that are the touchstones of Jeters legend.Jeter isnt singular in this, though. He has a career .308/.374/. ****** line in ****** playoff plate appearances. In ****** playoff plate appearances, David Ortiz is at .295/.409/.553, and hes had a few memorable moments of his own, just to name one contemporary. Jeters achievements are remarkable, but not unique. An example Yankees fans might prefer is Yogi Cheslor Cuthbert Jersey Berra: .274/.359/. ****** in ****** career postseason plate appearances, all in the World Series (Jeters World Series line: .321/.384/. ****** in ****** plate appearances), playing a premium defensive position (like Jeter), winning three MVP awards (unlike Jeter), and a ****** advantage in rings.Jeter never was MVP, though he should have been in ****** over Justin Morneau. Its somewhat fitting that he didnt win, though, because while Jeter has achieved plenty of personal milestones, most notably being sixth on the all-time hit list, and being ****** Rookie of the Year and ****** World Series MVP, his legacy is about far more than himself its about the team he led, that played, at its best, like a whole team of Jeters.I know that theres a lot of people that have much more talent than I do, throughout the course of my career, Jeter said. Not just now, throughout the course of my career. I can honestly s

Respuestas

Sidebar