Guía Cereza

Foro - Foro Lesbi

Since retiring in February, I have been working as a pitchin

seestyle
Soy hombre heterosexual
Publicado hace 1 año, 8 meses
Since retiring in February, I have been working as a pitching coach for one of our local high schools. Two of the most pre sing i sues Ive come acro s while working with young pitchers are pitch counts and rest between outings.A few days ago, I received an email with a link from the high schools head coach. The website, by Major League Baseball, answers a lot of questions regarding youth pitching NFL Tennessee Titans Jersey and gives sound advice for parents and coaches.. Its worth exploring.Some highlights that I found interesting:Pitch countsMost major league pitchers dont throw more than ****** pitches in a game, so it would be difficult to justify letting a high school pitcher throw that amount. MLB, led by Dr. Andrews, suggest a max of ****** pitches for a player who is ****** or 18, and fewer for younger players. That will be my max from now on.Rest between appearancesThe site has Steve McNair Jersey a chart showing the maximum pitches a player should throw depending on days rest. They know way better than I would, but Im skeptical of letting a player throw up to ****** pitches the day after a ****** pitch outing.In my profe sional experience, I have only seen starters bounce back and pitch on three days rest, which is usually their bullpen day. That is the least amount of rest that I would consider before letting a starter pitch in another game.But again, it is great for parents to have this resource as a guideline.Warm-upThis is huge for me, and I think it is incredibly important. For starting pitchers, I like to have them run a little, stretch, play catch to get loose and then go to the bullpen. The bullpen routine can vary, but it has to exist and should be supervised. For relievers, most of whom are playing other positions in the game at the high school level, their warm up/bullpen occurs while our team is batting. I admit that we dont always get the warm up I would like, but the kids are loose from playing. I think they pitch better Earl Campbell Jersey having gotten on the mound before being put in the game, even if they only get a quick pen.Pitch developmentThe last point I want to touch on for now is pitch development. The first point of the section on pitching guidelines is that fastballs and changeups should be developed first. For me, this comes down to consistency (and a good deal of injury Dennis Kelly Jersey risk reduction).Breaking balls are lower percentage thrown for strike pitches. The guys I played with who dominated all had great fastball command. Doesnt do anyone any good if the pitcher has five pitches, but cant throw any of them for strikes consistently. Plus, good fastball command helps keep runners off base by limiting walks and will make your offspeed (change-ups and breaking balls) that much better.Those are just a few things, and I highly Tennessee Titans Jersey recommend taking a good, long look at this site.The section on injury risks and the Tommy John Surgery FAQ page are great as well and worth the read. Did you know that young pitchers that throw sliders are ****** percent more likely to have elbow pain than pitchers that do not throw sliders?The seams on the inside of my elbow would agree.Bill Bray, a former MLB pitcher with the Cincinnati Reds and Washington Nationals, is a contributor for Sporting News. He is currently finishing his degree in finance at the College of William and Mary. Follow him on Twitter , and .

Respuestas

Sidebar